Are you ready to find out more about the dental conditions that adults need to deal with as they age? As adults and teeth get older, it is normal that they could require some additional attention, just like the rest of our bodies. Even though the dental conditions adults experience is not exclusive to them, they can be more challenging to treat due to age. While recommendations state that everyone should visit his or her dentist on a regular basis, there are some who will go for years without visiting a dentist office. During this time any dental conditions that may be existing are merely going to become much worse. According to the American Dental Association, the average adult between the ages of 20 and 64 has three or more decayed or missing teeth.
Three common adult dental conditions
The list below shows three of the more common dental conditions found in adults. Other adult dental conditions include bad breath, tooth decay, oral cancer, mouth sores, cavities and discolored teeth.
1. Gum disease: Gingivitis and periodontitis are the two stages of gum disease. If gum disease is not treated, it is possible it could quickly and negatively affect the teeth and gums.
2. Missing teeth: When an adult has missing teeth, it is highly likely that the rest of the teeth will begin to move and shift, which is going to lead to their experiencing even more dental conditions that need attention.
3. Tooth sensitivity: Teeth can become sensitive due to thinning enamel and gum recession and is a common dental condition in aging adults.
Questions adults should ask when visiting a dentist
The following questions can help adults understand how to take better care of any dental conditions they may be currently experiencing as well as how to better take care of their overall oral health.
- Should I be using a different type of toothbrush or toothpaste now that I am older?
- Are there specific vitamins I can be taking that will improve my oral health?
- How often should I come in for regular dental appointments?
- What can I do to make sure that my oral health is always as good as it can be?
Need to make an appointment for your dental condition?
If you have any dental conditions that require professional treatment, we invite you to call us now to make an appointment. Whether you have only one dental situation that needs attention or many, our experienced dental professionals will always work with you to choose the best treatment plan. If you have not been to a dental office in years to address your dental conditions, we completely understand how time can pass by so quickly. What is important now is that you make an appointment with us as soon as possible so we can get your dental conditions taken care of once and for all.
Request an appointment in our Westford dentist office here: https://smilewestford.com.
Dental checkups are about more than simply maintaining a beautiful smile, and they also serve a larger purpose in preventive health care. When a dentist performs a dental checkup, they are checking for signs of …
Preventive dentistry can save you money and time in the long run. Regular visits to the dentist for preventive care are a practical investment. Assuming you fail to visit the dentist for two or three …
Oral cancer is a disease that affects millions of Americans. But, most of the people living with oral cancer do not know that they have the disease before it spreads because they do not make …
Gum disease is no laughing matter. Not only can it make you feel self-conscious when smiling but also put you at risk for long-term problems. If you show any of the signs, you need to …